About Us :
ORS’ purpose is to provide “services that work” because everything we do should be evidence based, focused on achieving customer goals, high quality, effective, and efficient. We live by strong company philosophies, objectives, values and behaviours to ensure that we continue to be the best at what we do!
Position Summary :
Reporting to the Physical Services Manager, this role is to provide high quality clinical and assessment services within legislative/contractual requirements and achieve the goals of all clients; in a manner reflecting ORS Group’s mission, values and quality standards.
Key Requirements :
- Effectively managing a caseload of allocated clients ensuring that all have consent of service, regular contact with all parties and actions defined. This includes; completing reports within timeframes, scheduling and attending appointments and closing cases within a timely manner.
- Updating confidential client files and records using our online case management system, noting emails, phone calls, face to face contact and progress as a result of interventions.
- Completing excellent quality reports and plans that incorporate useful and cutting edge strategies and interventions
- Use evidence based resources or discussing strategies with the team to develop and manage client centred programs directed towards achieving meaningful outcomes
- Preparing for and attending regular case conferencing and management reviews
- Providing and coordinating effective skill training interventions to a variety of populations including children and adults (verbal and non-verbal) for example in toileting, sleep, ADL activities and life skills.
- Developing strong relationships and promoting services with referrers/employers by providing exceptional customer service and seeking feedback to achieve repeat referrals and preferred provider agreements
Job Responsibility :
- Completing high quality clinical services and assessments including: Home Modifications Assessments (including complex), Supported Independent Living (SIL) Assessments, Sensory Assessments, Assistive Technology (AT) Assessments, Activities of Daily Living (ADL) Assessments, Functional Capacity Assessments, Functional Daily Living Skills Assessments, Workplace Assessments and any other OT services as required.
- Administration, scoring and interpretation of current functional skill testing, including but not limited to:
- Assessment of daily living skills using ABAS-3, Vineland-3, Lawton’s IADL.
- Assessment of specific dysfunction using a range of occupational therapy based assessment tools inclusive of WHODAS, HOME FAST, MOCA, Bradden Pressure Risk Scale, Adult/Adolescent Sensory Profile, Child Sensory Profile 2, MAT Assessment (where trained).
- Preparation and implementation of occupational therapy interventions to meet client goals including:
- Using goal oriented evidence based case management approach.
- Linking client goals, diagnosis, formulation and intervention.
- Designing, planning and implementing interventions to meet client goals using core equipment prescription and home modification, sensory intervention and capacity building training skills.
- Working with individuals, families, carers, group home staff, other service providers and allied health/medical professionals to assist in increasing clients’ functional capacity for daily living using environmental modification, equipment prescription, sensory intervention and capacity building support practices.
Job Functions :
Job Benefits :
- We are a growing organisation and promote talented people from within, providing plenty of opportunities and staff benefits for engagement, development and career progression.
- We are passionate about ensuring our employees are the best at what they do and we provide an extensive induction program, ongoing internal and external training, and fund professional development opportunities where they are relevant to the role and what we do.
- If relevant to the role, we fund Provisional Psychologist and Board Certified Behaviour Analyst supervision up to $6000 per year.
- Achieve generous quarterly bonuses for exceeding individual/team targets.
- We encourage people to have fun at work and celebrate achievements through Friday nibbles, best practice days and end of year parties, to name a few!
- We reward and recognise our high performers each month and constantly share best practice examples and good news stories.
- We provide flexible working conditions such as part time employment, work from home and flexible hours.
- We have a strong and positive reputation within our industries, so you can work for a provider that you can be proud of.
- We can provide variety in your work, with services across a range of different industries (e.g. NDIS, Aged Care, Workplace Rehabilitation and Health)
- We believe in evaluating our programs/services by engaging in research to make a difference to the sectors and client groups we work with.
Selling Point :
Provide high quality clinical and assessment services