About Us :
About Us – Grow your career with SwitchCo!
SwitchCo Projects is a client-side project management business providing high quality specialised services through our highly skilled and motivated team of professionals.
Our team offers a comprehensive range of services across Australia, with a focus on partnering with clients to add value and achieve clear goals to drive their projects, including:
- Project Management;
- Programme Management;
- Design and documentation; and
- Specialist advisory services.
Our impressive Client list speaks for itself and is the result of listening to and understanding our client’s needs, delivering on promises and attention to detail. Our main industry sectors and areas of expertise are:
- Dangerous Goods;
- Retail Fuel;
- Renewable Energy (wind and solar); and
Our office environment is dynamic, and we are based centrally in Melbourne’s CBD near Flagstaff Station.
Position Summary :
The purpose of this role is to be responsible for the management of day to day client expectations and SwitchCo activities to ensure smooth project transition and completion on time and within budgets whilst identifying and managing risk and co-ordinating variation charges as they occur.
Key Requirements :
We want to hear from you if you have the following:
- Demonstrated extensive Project Management experience ideally within the construction, infrastructure or energy sectors;
- Formal qualifications in Building, Engineering, Project Management or related discipline;
- Sound knowledge of building industry contracts and project administration practices;
- Competent in Microsoft Office incl MS Project;
- Ideally you will have had prior experience in a consultancy and hands-on experience on a construction site;
- Experience with Procore construction management software; and
- An unrestricted Australian Driver License.
Job Responsibility :
See yourself in our team?
Our success has led us to an opportunity to expand our team and we have a strong pipeline of work, with a range of interesting and challenging projects.
As a Project Manager you will thrive in an autonomous role and you will be responsible for all time, budget and quality aspects of the projects you are managing.
You will run the projects but have the support of the Senior PMs & Directors and be a mentor for Assistant Project Managers.
More specifically you will be accountable for all aspects of project management including:
- Driving high quality outcomes;
- Client & stakeholder management;
- Design & documentation management;
- Managing site teams and personnel;
- Ensuring best practice in quality & safety;
- Project administration including contract management;
- Budget & cashflow management;
- Project governance; and
- Driving the project delivery.
We are committed to keeping our projects interesting and work in various sectors. Some typical projects include:
- Manage a budget, timeline and oversee the contractor during a wharf upgrade;
- Be an Owner’s Engineer, providing expert advice to a solar energy company in alignment with their construction / EPC contract(s);
- Manage the design, demolition, remediation and re-construction of a fuel station on behalf of a global fuel company;
- Drive a defect list to completion for a wind energy company; and
- Look after a land remediation project or a waste water plant upgrade.
Job Functions :
Job Benefits :
What we can offer you?
- We offer an industry competitive salary package;
- As a small growing team we can offer flexibility to help you juggle the demands of your busy life;
- A commitment to professional development along with ongoing support and training to help you grow your career with us; and
- Scope to develop your ideas within a passionate and experienced team.
Selling Point :
Great people delivering exceptional results