About Us :
Based in Lonsdale, Rewards International, a recognition specialist, provides the Corporate and Sporting markets a range of unique awards, trophies, corporate gifts and promotional products. Our growing team of 7 staff work closely to deliver great results for our clients and build strong customer loyalty.
Position Summary :
The Engraving & Signage Technician is responsible for creation and manipulation of graphic layouts and designs for application onto award and engraving related products. The role involves around 65% “hands-on” work, operating laser engraving and digital printing equipment. Including handling delicate products, applying materials to surfaces and working with sandblasting films and other related products and processes.
The balance of time is consumed with the graphic elements of the role, job workflow management, client communication, collaboration with colleagues, stock and quality checking, and finishing and packaging.
We like to guide and train our staff to properly familiarise and make you comfortable with your new role.
Key Requirements :
A Positive Customer Focus / Methodical approach / High degree of accountability and attention to detail / Accuracy (fluent English, spelling & grammar essential) / Ability to work to deadlines / Strong communication skills / Integrity / Graphic layout experience / Normal colour vision essential for industry standard proofing.
Job Responsibility :
General Job tasks and Responsibilities
- Create and manipulate graphic artwork and copy from concept to the final layout.
- Operate engraving and printing machinery with optimum levels of skill, efficiency & quality assurance.
- Appropriately manage job production to ensure deadlines are met.
- Perform assembly of award products, engraving materials and related products.
- Package finished product and prepare for delivery.
- Perform regular maintenance/cleaning of engraving and printing equipment.
- Liaise with customers when necessary regarding the specific details of their order(s).
- Check stock levels and communicate with suppliers of materials and services when necessary.
- Assist with customer enquiries by phone, email and in person.
Job Functions :
Job Benefits :
Our spacious air conditioned work areas and individual workstations offer staff a modern and pleasant production environment. Our separate lunchroom/kitchen offers a comfortable break area, and it’s good for a friendly conversation too. We also offer great staff discounts on our gift ranges.
Selling Point :
Small team environment with a positive outlook and a Customer-centric focus