About Us :
For over 25 years, ORS have been assisting people achieve their goals through provision of Workplace Rehabilitation, Injury Prevention, Disability, Psychological and Training Services. We have offices in WA, NSW and ACT from which we offer a range of services to injured workers, people with disability, employers and insurance agents.
Position Summary :
Reporting to the State Manager Workplace Rehabilitation ACT/NSW, this role is to provide high quality case management and assessment services within legislative/contractual requirements and achieve performance targets; all in a manner reflecting ORS Group’s mission, values and quality standards.
Key Requirements :
- Strong relationship and communication skills; demonstrated through positive interactions with people, establishing strong rapport and impressing people.
- Exceptional attention to detail and organisational skills; demonstrated through providing high quality and accurate reports, planning weeks/months in line with organisation priorities, and by meeting deadlines.
- Ability to adapt effectively to change; demonstrated through adherence to company policies and procedures, a positive attitude when new processes are implemented, and encouraging others to adapt positively to change.
- Excellent written and oral skills; demonstrated by excellent reports and emails, positive feedback from all stakeholders and achievement of KPIs.
- Ability to work in accordance with the company values and behaviours; Make a Difference, Exceptional Service, One Team, Accountable, Innovation
- Good understanding of relevant rehabilitation and health services
- Knowledge of evidence based rehabilitation approaches applicable to current contracts
- Understanding of the current labour market, employer/business needs and ability to return people to work
- Thorough understanding of rehabilitation terminology and concepts
- Ability to read, understand and apply policies and procedures
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office, Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel
- Ability to create a positive work environment and work in accordance with the company values and behaviours; Make a Difference, Exceptional Service, One Team, Accountable, Innovation
Job Responsibility :
- Managing a case load in accordance with relevant policies/procedures.
- Providing recommendations focused on the achievement of the goals of the relevant service and person.
- Following ORS’ Referrals and Bookings Procedure, including ensuring all cases have future appointments entered as required.
- Actioning closures immediately once confirmed and as required in ORS’ Closure and Durability Procedure.
- Developing strong relationships with referrers/employers by providing exceptional customer service to achieve repeat referrals and preferred provider agreements.
- Preparing for and attending regular structured reviews with direct manager.
- Participating in team activities and ORS initiatives.
- Attending ongoing internal professional development training as required.
- Promoting organisational philosophy and services at all times.
- Meeting internal and external quality service standards.
- Able to maintain registration with the relevant professional body
- Flexibility in work hours may be necessary
- Travelling between sites may be required
Job Functions :
Job Benefits :
Why work for ORS?
- We are a growing organisation and prefer to promote talented people from within, providing plenty of opportunities for ongoing development and career progression.
- We are passionate about ensuring our employees are the best at what they do and we provide an extensive induction program, ongoing internal and external training, and fund professional development opportunities where they are relevant to the role and what we do.
- We have an exciting and developing health and wellness program.
- Achieve generous quarterly bonuses for exceeding individual/team targets.
- We encourage people to have fun at work and celebrate achievements through Friday nibbles, best practice days and end of year parties, to name a few!
- We reward our highest performers each month and constantly share best practice examples and good news stories.
- We provide flexible working conditions such as part time employment, work from home and flexible hours.
- We have a strong and positive reputation within our industries, so you can work for a provider that you can be proud of.
- We work across a range of different industries/services (e.g. NDIS, Aged Care, Workplace Rehabilitation and Health, EAP) that provides staff with opportunities for performing a variety of work tasks.
- We believe in the need for evaluating our programs/services and engaging in research to benefit the sectors and client groups we work with.
Selling Point :
Provides staff with opportunities for performing a variety of work tasks