About Us :
Established in 2008 by designer Kristy Barber, Kuwaii is duly esteemed for making beautiful, intelligently designed clothing and footwear for women.
Kuwaii is an inimitable alternative to mass-produced fashion. Made in Australia, Melbourne to be precise, each article is meticulously designed to last, and to be cherished.
Position Summary :
As one of our dedicated Store Managers, you will be responsible for the overall performance of your departments: including that you and your staff give exceptional customer service and that your budgets are being met, and exceeded! You will be constantly driving sales and improving the overall results, and be passionate about pushing your departments to be the absolute best that they can be.
We expect you to be an active part of our Business Management team – actively contributing to driving the overall business strategy, bettering business systems and organisation, and being aware of and passing on any feedback on opportunities to grow your store, and the Brand.
You must be focused, efficient, super-organised, hardworking and an excellent multi-tasker. Maintaining and building personal relationships is imperative as is being able to handle many tasks at once and stay on top of them all. Communication both written and verbal is very important, as well as a strong personal sales technique. We expect you to be a leader, a mentor to your staff, and to always advocate and hold close the best interests of the business.
This is a permanent part time role of approximately 34 hours per week spread over 4 or 5 days.
Key Requirements :
- At least two years of managing a boutique retail store
- Proven successful experience in store management
- Proven sales philosophy
- Powerful leading skills and business orientation
- People and customer management skills
- Strong organisational skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to lead and mentor staff
- Ability to propose innovative ideas to increase market share
Job Responsibility :
As a role model for the team and business, you will need to demonstrate superb sales leadership skills in respect to building your personal customer base and VIPs, driving customer retention rates & up-selling to ensure that all sales opportunities are maximised, while ensuring that the “Kuwaii Why” is maintained and communicated at all times. As a leader you will take ownership in leading your team, ensuring that they have exceptional brand and product knowledge while also ensuring that they deliver the highest level of customer service. You will be responsible for building a highly motivated team while providing the General Retail Manager and Designer with information and industry expertise in relation to customer needs. We expect that you drive and implementing strategies to maximise product performance by leveraging visual merchandising, staff training and customer service.
- Maintain the highest level of customer care and operational performance of your boutique.
- Consistently drive sales through communication and motivation.
- Uphold the KUWAII brand by providing leadership, coaching and performance feedback to all team members.
- Effective management of inventory and financials, loss prevention and average sale amount.
- Work with and provide feedback to the Manager and Designer/Owner to strategically improve customer experience, product and services.
- Develop an understanding of the customer profile for the store to enhance up-sells, promotional opportunities and increase sales.
- Manage VIP customer engagement, nurturing existing VIP clientele and generating new VIPS.
- Maintain consistent communication levels with internal and external customers, head office and other stores.
- Provide feedback on opportunities on product and seasonal store buys.
- To lead by example in the level of customer care and company culture.
- Maintain a consistently exceptional level of presentation and set an example to our other team members.
- Manage sales and events in store.
You will also act as a support to our E-commerce manager during busy periods and assist with customer service, order dispatch and other related tasks of the E-comm department.
Job Functions :
Job Benefits :
Our ideal person is a strong and experienced store manager, who is looking for career progression with a business who fits their personal ethics. They will epitomise and understand our brand, appreciate local manufacture and small business, have a lifestyle that aligns with our philosophy, and a real passion for slow fashion. You will be an integral part of our small management team, and will have the chance to see and drive change, and be excited and willing to grow with us!
We are offering to invest in the continual growth and development of your career, an inspiring work environment with a fabulous all-female team, and the opportunity to work with an amazing, locally made product every day.
We also offer generous discounts and product bonuses, and a supportive team.
Selling Point :
Work in an inspiring work environment with a fabulous team, and an amazing, locally made product!