About Us :
Kuwaii – Proudly made in Melbourne
Established in 2008 by designer Kristy Barber, Kuwaii is duly esteemed for making beautiful, intelligently designed clothing and footwear for women. Kuwaii is an inimitable alternative to mass-produced fashion. Made in Australia, Melbourne to be precise, each article is meticulously designed to last, and to be cherished.
Refined, detailed and romantic, form and function find accord in modern shapes, clean lines and impeccable tailoring. Our three immaculate, light-filled Kuwaii stores can be found in Brunswick, Fitzroy and the Melbourne’s Cathedral Arcade, in the foot of the iconic Nicholas Building.
We consider ourselves an alternative to Fast Fashion: made locally and made with love.
Position Summary :
As our Brunswick Store Manager, you will be ensuring the overall performance of your store, including that your staff give exceptional customer service and that your budgets are being met, and exceeded! You will be helping to constantly drive sales and improve the overall store results, and be passionate about pushing your store to be the absolute best that it can be.
You will also assist in managing our online store & stock, through close work with our E-commerce Manager. This includes but is not limited to: customer service, stock analysis and reporting.
You must be focused, efficient, super-organised, hardworking and an excellent multi-tasker. Maintaining and building personal relationships is imperative as is being able to handle many tasks at once and stay on top of them all. Communication both written and verbal is very important, as well as a strong personal sales technique.
NO APPLICATIONS CONSIDERED WITHOUT A COVER LETTER.
Applications close February 12 2019
Key Requirements :
- At least 2 years of boutique retail store experience
- Proven successful experience in store sales
- People and customer engagement skills
- Strong organisational skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a team
- Ability to propose innovative ideas to increase market share
Job Responsibility :
Brunswick Store Manager
- Maintain the highest level of customer care and operational performance of your boutique
- Drive sales through communication and motivation
- Uphold the KUWAII brand by providing leadership, coaching and performance feedback to all team members
- Effective management of inventory and financials, loss prevention and average sale $
- Work with and provide feedback to the Manager and Designer/Owner to strategically improve customer experience, product and services
- Develop an understanding of the customer profile for the boutique to enhance upsells, promotional opportunities and increase sales.
- Assist in managing VIP customer engagement, nurturing existing VIP clientele and generating new business
- Maintain consistent communication levels with internal and external customers, head office and other stores
- Provide feedback on opportunities, on product and seasonal store buys
- To lead by example in the level of customer care and company culture
- Maintain impeccable Standards of Cleanliness, upkeep and VM in Store and Storage area.
- Maintain a consistently high level of presentation and set an example to our other team members.
- Be involved in stock control and management, including stock requests and transfers from Head Office, other stores on Mondays, & stocktakes when and as required.
- Learn and Manage the Kuwaii Customer Repairs System.
- Complete Store Admin tasks.
- Assisting with E-commerce packing, exchanges and dispatch as required.
Assistant Product Planner –
Working directly with the E-commerce Manager and Product Planner, you will assist us to both manage our existing stock, as well as to plan and forecast for future buys. You will assist in reporting on stock to sales ratios, ensuring accuracy of our stock across all channels, and implementing sales and markdowns smoothly.
- Weekly stock balancing throughout all stores
- Create VM plans to assist slow sellers and boost fast sellers
- Weekly stocktakes and consistent managing our POS for accuracy in store and online
- Stock management of our online store.
- Assisting with stock reporting to Kuwaii Management Team
- Assisting in seasonal buys
- Assisting with sale and markdowns
Assistant Accessories Buyer –
Working directly with our designer, you will be responsible sourcing new brands to add to our existing showcase of Accessory brands, placing orders and monitoring their performance once in store.
- Monitoring performance of our jewellery brands with quarterly accessories sales reports
- Drafting accessories orders on a quarterly basis
- Overseeing timely delivery of jewellery orders to store
- Maintaining our jewellery training documents
- Work with the Marketing department to driving sales in this department
- Overseeing VM for this department
- Assisting with training Retail staff for jewellery
Job Functions :
Job Benefits :
Our ideal person epitomises and understands our brand, appreciates local manufacture and small business, and whose lifestyle aligns with our philosophy, and who has a real passion for slow fashion. The perfect candidate will be looking for an ongoing part time role of at least 27 hours per week, based in Brunswick.
We are offering to invest in the continual growth and development of your career, an inspiring work environment with a fabulous all-female team, and the opportunity to work with an amazing, locally made product every day.
We also offer generous discounts and product bonuses.
Selling Point :
Work in an inspiring work environment with a fabulous team, and an amazing, locally made product!