About Us :
Kuwaii – Proudly made in Melbourne
Established in 2008 by designer Kristy Barber, Kuwaii is duly esteemed for making beautiful, intelligently designed clothing and footwear for women. Kuwaii is an inimitable alternative to mass-produced fashion. Made in Australia, Melbourne to be precise, each article is meticulously designed to last, and to be cherished.
Refined, detailed and romantic, form and function find accord in modern shapes, clean lines and impeccable tailoring. Our three immaculate, light-filled Kuwaii stores can be found in Brunswick, Fitzroy and the Melbourne’s Cathedral Arcade, in the foot of the iconic Nicholas Building.
Position Summary :
Our ideal person epitomises and understands our brand, appreciates local manufacture and small business, has a lifestyle that aligns with our philosophy, and who has a real passion for slow fashion. The perfect candidate will be looking for an ongoing casual role of approximately 12 hours per week, with additional shifts on offer as they arise, and will be working throughout our three beautiful stores.
As our Kuwaii Sales Associate, you are responsible for translating the Kuwaii philosophy to our customers with the view of meeting your sales targets, while keeping your store looking exceptional, and that our opening hours are maintained. As an integral part of our sales team, you’ll be required to build relationships with customers with the view of increasing our all-important VIP Customer listing.
The person responsible must be focused, efficient, super-organised, hardworking and an excellent multi-tasker. Maintaining and building personal relationships is imperative as is being able to handle many tasks at once and stay on top of them all. Communication both written and verbal is very important, as well as a strong personal sales technique.
NO APPLICATIONS CONSIDERED WITHOUT A COVER LETTER.
Applications close October 18 2019
Key Requirements :
- Applicable years of retail store experience
- Proven successful experience in store sales
- People and customer engagement skills
- Strong organisational skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a team
- Ability to propose innovative ideas to increase market share
Job Responsibility :
- Greet customers: every customer must be welcomed upon entering and exiting the store
- Assist Kuwaii customers to our exceptionally high standards & uphold Kuwaii’s Customer Service policy at all times.
- Maintain a high level of product knowledge at all times and use this knowledge to drive sales
- Strive to meet daily, weekly and monthly budgets
- Enter sales in VEND POS and ensure the correct & accurate use of the system
- Build Kuwaii’s VIP database
- Accurately process cash and card payments.
- Be involved in stock control and management, including stock requests and transfers from Head Office, other stores, & stocktakes when and as required
- Assisting in Receiving, quality checking and storing the delivery of stock
- Ensuring stock is placed on the shop floor when it is delivered
- Ensure store is well stocked as per our stock expectations
- Answering queries from customers both in person and on phone
- Reporting discrepancies and problems to your Store Manager
- Being responsible for security within the store and being on the look out for shoplifters and fraudulent credit cards etc.
- EOD till closure and email, maintaining a perfectly balanced till at the end of everyday
- Maintain accurate customer database in VEND
- Assist customers with returns and exchanges as required
- Following up laybys (weekly), holds (daily) and customer enquiries on Trello (daily)
- Ensure a high level of housekeeping is kept to Kuwaii’s desired standards, both on and off the shop floor & completing our cleaning checklist every day.
- To keep abreast of Kuwaii’s Retail Manual and General Employee expectations
- To maintain an excellent standard of appearance as outlined in our General Expectations and to wear only 100% Kuwaii clothing & footwear when working in the store
- Any other related duties or Admin tasks that are outlined from time to time eg Banking, Petty Cash, stickering sale, printing etc
- Learn and support in the Management of the Kuwaii Customer Repairs System on days in store.
- Support your development in attending Product Training Nights and Staff meetings regularly.
Job Functions :
Job Benefits :
We are offering to invest in the continual growth and development of your career, an inspiring work environment with a fabulous all-female team, and the opportunity to work with an amazing, locally made product every day.
We also offer generous discounts and product bonuses.
Selling Point :
We consider ourselves an alternative to fast fashion: made locally and made with love.