About Us :
Waterfront on the Pier, located in Port Melbourne is the newest waterfront restaurant with stunning uninterrupted water views. With a focus on fine dining and events. The Seafood dominant menu focuses on fresh, local ingredients. Waterfront on the Pier offers both an intimate dinner for two or Function accommodating 10 – 200 people for both sit down and canape style events.
Position Summary :
Front of house
Front of house staff of Waterfront on the Pier are the face of the establishment. They are the employees that customers come in contact with and are brand ambassadors. Roles are cross functional between Front of house Supervisor, Wait Staff, Bar Tenders and Barista’s.
Back of House
Back of House staff encompasses all the behind-the-scenes areas. This acts as the central command centre keeping operations moving smoothly in a restaurant, Cleaning, prepping, cooking, and plating customers orders. Roles are available for Head Chef, Sous Chef, Cooks and Kitchen Hand.
Key Requirements :
How to apply
Please follow the links to apply. Your application should include:
- A cover letter and curriculum vitae.
- A document addressing the key selection criteria detailed in the position description.
- The names and contact details of two professional referees
We request that your application for the position is forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please note, you must have the correct working visa’s for Australia for this position. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Job Responsibility :
Front of house
You will be responsible for:
- Receiving and confirming walk-in, telephone, and online reservations.
- Ushering diners to their tables and providing them with menus.
- Accepting and informing the relevant staff about food and beverage requests.
- Mixing and pouring beverages, as needed.
- Serving food orders from the kitchen to each pertinent table.
- Clearing glassware, silverware, and crockery from each table once guests have completed their meals, or upon request.
- Providing guests with their checks after the meal sitting.
- Clearing and reporting breakages by diners.
Back of House
Responsibilities will range from:
Executive Chef/Head Chef – Supervise the kitchen staff, create menus and specials, order food, determine cost, and take care of administrative tasks.
Sous Chef – Responsible for supervising the kitchen staff, creating schedules, and training.
Cook – Cooking different types or food type, such as fry cook, grill cook, salad cook, or pastry chef.
Kitchen Hand – Clean dishes, flatware, and glasses in a timely manner so that the turnover rate in the dining room is maintained. They are also responsible for cleaning pots, pans, and cooking utensils for the kitchen staff.
Job Functions :
Cooks and Chefs
Job Benefits :
This is a fantastic opportunity to be apart of a opening of a beautiful restaurant with position available across both back and front of house.
Selling Point :
Brand New Waterfront Restaurant located Port Melbourne