About Us :
Are you an OT looking for a fresh new start in 2021? Kids returned to school and looking for flexibility this school year? All Walks of Life is a small occupational therapy practice located in the East of Melbourne. We are a mobile service and provide support right throughout the East and South East corridors so can tailor a caseload to your location and availability. As a team, we strive to provide exceptional service to our clients and their families, and we pride ourselves on nurturing close relationships with the community and our referrers. Our team is expanding and we recognise the importance of balancing the unique skills, qualities, gifts and time for our team members. We understand that as a therapist, you need the time and flexibility to tailor your work to your own unique goals and learning needs, and with this in mind we are open to either part time or full time applicants. Just as we want our clients to thrive and flourish, we too want the same for our team ! We understand the juggle in balancing and navigating time and space for work, family and time for you. We respect and embrace this by offering flexibility to work remotely and to tailor your caseload, travel and delivery of supports to your particular situation.
We service the outer Eastern suburbs and Dandenong Ranges and provide occupational therapy and consulting services for people living in the community who are seeking to change and improve their lives, who may be living with intellectual disability or cognitive impairment and mental health concerns. We are well known for our support in helping people to find the right future life and accommodation, and as such have a special interest in Housing Assessments and planning.
Not local to the Dandenongs? No worries! We can also cater your caseload to areas in the Outer East/South East including Ringwood, Lilydale, Pakenham or Dandenong. Chat with us about whether the role is well suited to your location!
Contact us for a no obligation chat about your suitability for the role and desired geographical area to see if this role can be tailored to you. E: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0421697156
Position Summary :
The role of the occupational therapist is to provide direct assessment, intervention and support planning to participants of our service/s. This includes working collaboratively with other Care Team members, formal and informal supports and key stakeholders to identify suitable goals for therapeutic intervention and appropriate strategies for achieving these goals. The occupational therapist will actively participate in All Walks of Life’s team environment.
There is unique scope within the role to tailor referrals to your availability and clinical interests, with particular opportunities in:
-Housing Assessments, SDA and SIL Planning
-Complex needs, ASD and mental health challenges
-Adolescents and young adults moving into independent living
-Opportunities for supervisory roles and career progression
Key Requirements :
- Relevant experience in a similar role and/or the NDIS landscape is preferred but not essential
- Passion for working with people with a range of complex needs.
- Ability to relate and engage effectively with other key stakeholders and care team members
- Ability to professionally, ethically and empathetically relate to consumers and their family members
- Punctual, Reliable and Committed
- Clear, personable and professional communication, both written and spoken
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Professional communication style to all internal and external stakeholders
- Good computer skills required for practice management software
- Ability to work within a team and autonomously
- Ability to follow direction and take initiative
Job Responsibility :
- To administer occupational therapy assessments, develop and implement therapy plans, under supervision as required
- To manage scheduling, appointments and service planning in order to achieve billable targets in line with your role and performance targets
- Provide a high level of clinical judgement, reasoning and knowledge
- To monitor, evaluate and review progress against therapy plans and individual goals
- Develop resources to support the implementation of occupational therapy programs
- Undertake appropriate professional development, including self-reflection and peer review
- To work collaboratively within a multi-disciplinary team to provide holistic therapy programs, in particular, for people with disabilities including Autism, Intellectual Disabilities, Mental Health concerns and complex developmental needs
- Ensure intervention is supported by evidence of Best-Practice solutions wherever possible and to undertake research to inform your approach where necessary
- To comply with all organisational policies and procedures
- Demonstrate a commitment to meeting stakeholder, community and organisational expectations
- To adopt and embrace the company’s values and philosophy
- To promote a culture of Workplace Health and Safety by taking personal responsibility, caring for others and monitoring the working environment.
- To promote the organisation and it’s interests to the local and wider community including building and maintaining key working relationships with valued networks and collaborators
- To ensure all communication is completed in a professional and polite manner, to all internal and external stake holders
Job Functions :
Job Benefits :
- Generous salary and professional development budget, paid PD leave, regular clinical supervision, team lunches and resource kits for going about your daily work.
- Salary and conditions negotiable for the right candidate including tools for the trade (mobile phone, laptop, clinic resources and travel allocation)
- Full time or Part time options available. Early career OTs welcome to apply.
- Variety in your caseload and supports, always look forward to learning and exploring something new with your clients and families
- Flexibility and balance to work from home and to tailor referrals and caseload to your individual circumstances, including face to face and telehealth support
- Ongoing, generous professional development, training and supervision with potential future leadership opportunities and training for the right candidate
- Flexibility and fun in a supportive workplace. Enjoy casual team lunches, coffee and a great atmosphere for peer support, shared accountability and reflective learning
Selling Point :
Flexibility and adaptability, Part Time or Full Time available