About Us :
Albert and Sydney is located in the heart of Sydney Road, Brunswick and one of Melbourne’s top function venue’s. Operating exclusively as a full time function and event venue, 7 days a week. With weekly exciting events from birthdays, engagement parties, christenings to weddings and corporate events. The venue is capable of all types of transformations, from an elegant sit down lunch or dinner, to a stylus corporate cocktail party.
The team behind the company are a group of energetic, positive minded people that have a passion for the hospitality industry, always striving to create a memorable experience for our customers by delivering excellent service.
Position Summary :
Albert and Sydney is on the lookout for a passionate, hard working head chef who loves food and people to manage our busy Function Venue. We are looking for someone to join the team who has a positive can-do-attitude, works well in a team and has 3+ years experience as a chef. When functions are not being run, your hours will be filled in with Uber Eats. You will have the opportunity to put your own flair on the Uber Eats menu.
Your primary responsibilities will be to run an effective, happy and efficient kitchen encompassing all elements of kitchen staff management, training and kitchen operations across preparation, service and administration. This role requires a leader who is passionate about producing food that is of the highest standard
Key Requirements :
- Excellent organisational skills and be able to prioritise work duties to meet deadlines
- Proven history of producing quality food from scratch
- Proven history of being able to motivate, lead and develop a passionate team
- Ability to manage suppliers, food costings, staffing and other budget management
- Proven ability to develop interesting and iconic menus
- Catering to dietaries and allergies when required
- You are a professional with excellent communication skills who can work collaboratively with the company Directors to achieve the company vision
Job Responsibility :
- Report to work each day on time and ensure that all staff do the same.
- Develop menus that are of the highest quality
- Develop, nurture and motivate a passionate team that strives for quality at all times
- Tend to any kitchen issues and day to day needs as they arise
- Be able to work autonomously and demonstrate exceptional attention to detail
- Manage staff rosters (2-3 staff)
- Manage food costs and supplier management
- Continuous awareness of conduct in the kitchen. Ensuring areas and appliances are utilised at optimal level whilst minimising waste.
- Be prepared to open the establishment in the absence of the Venue Manager. As well as, ensuring proper lock up procedures are followed, when required.
- Ensure equipment is maintained in a safe, working condition. Confirming that all OH&S issues are identified, addressed and rectified in a timely manner. With daily audits, end of trade, to ensure equipment is off when not in use.
- Foster and maintain the Albert&Sydney culture by modelling a positive, can-do attitude.
Job Functions :
Cooks and Chefs
Job Benefits :
- Generous salary package
- Flexible working hours
- This is an exciting opportunity for a creative ‘foodie’ who wants to be a part of a busy and energetic team.
- Opportunity to help grow the business
- Large kitchen with lots of space
- Dynamic company and great team to work with
Selling Point :
Dynamic company, great team and flexible hours!